We're in This Life Together
It takes lots of people to move a community forward, and once in awhile I've been privileged to be one of the many. Participating in community groups is also a great place to form life-long friendships and associations.
Of course, one can't be everywhere, so sometimes the best idea is to send support in the form of donations.
Here are some of the organizations in which I have participated, or which I support. Any of them would be happy to have your involvement as well, if you're looking for a place in the community where you or your company can make a contribution. Thanks for considering any of these.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of King County (Volunteer and Board Member)
- University of Washington Foundation (Supporter)
- City of Edmonds Levy Committee (Volunteer Committee Member)
- MyEdmondsNews.com, “Citizen Harry” (Volunteer Columnist)
- Foster School Global Social Entrepreneurship Competition,
University of Washington (Judge)
- Hydroplane and Raceboat Museum (Volunteer and Past Board Member)
- The American Red Cross (Supporter)
“Behind the Scenes” TV
For the past 17 years, I've been part of a volunteer television crew that operates a weekly community-issues show on the local community television channel. Each week we air a topic and host a guest who can provide expertise — from gubernatorial candidates to local non-profit activists — and we always learn something valuable from each week's experience. Take a look at the website for our show, Public Exposure, to learn more.